Monday, May 14, 2007

The Weekend Part 2

It was a great weekend!

Saturday, was spent shopping for a prom dress for Steph. We went to the Boulevard Mall "over the river", ie. the U.S., and were able to find a beautiful black dress with fuschia floral accents and black & pink beads. The shop was unbelievable, jam packed with these dresses, floor to ceiling. We quickly realized that once we got in there, they had no intention of letting us out without a dress. Two hours and 5 or 6 or 7 dresses later, the final selection was made.

There was a very entertaining and flamboyant designer named Jimmy, who would recommend various dresses, and honestly tell the girls what looked good and what didn't. When the right dress was found, his compliments made them all feel like a million bucks, (and ensured that mom would have to buy the dress. LOL!)

Since we were in there for so long, I was even able to get him to recommend a style for me. Straight, no frills, avoid yellows; greens; purples; go for chocolate brown; or black; or certain blues and certain reds. Complimented me on my lean body with curves, and gave me a $25 gift certificate for my return visit. LOL!

On our way home, as per usual, we stopped off at La Hacienda for dinner--pizza, salad & life saver sucker. It was so good, and so worth the calories, as I've mentioned before.

Sunday, Mother's Day, invited a few friends over, and we had a wonderful day. Menu consisted of roast beef, lobster, salad, mashed potatoes & gravy, and purple sweet potatoes, that are not purple inside, (false advertising lol! )and strawberry shortcake for dessert. It appeared that much fun was had by all.

Here's some pics.

3 comments:

Dan said...

Do you have any pizza left. I'm getting hungry.

Hey! Is that Jewels in two of those photos? And it looks like her daughter too! Are you related to her? She's wonderful!

A belated Mom's Day to you!

Unknown said...

Dan, we're related in spirit! Maria is my BFF 4 EVA! ;) And no, she didn't have any pizza left over, darn it! I think I'd like me a slice of that, 2500 calories and all! LOL!

Oh, and thank you so much, you sweet thing you!

Not Ashley said...

Dan

No pizza made it home with us. It was so good, it was totally devoured at the restaurant.

Yes, Jewels is my BFF, and I agree, she is very special.