Sunday, December 10, 2006

Carb-o-Whore

I am an admitted carboholic, loving my bread, pasta, potatoes, cookies, cakes, oh and fruits. Lately, as my stress level climbed, so has my need for carbs, particularly bread--foccacia, ciabatta, with Black Olive Tapinade, has become a staple for me. I had shared this with my friend, who called me what I thought was a "Carb-o-Whore". Of course, I had found this hysterically funny and ever so witty and apropos.

Today I made tortellini, and shared with said friend and family, who in turn shared some of their "to-die-for" biscotti and other goodies with me, and off we went on our separate ways with our parcels.

After lunch, I had some running around to do, and as I was awaiting my turn in the car wash line, the cell phone rang, and it was Jewels, of the said tortellini/biscotti exchange. We talked a bit about our lunch & dessert, at which point I asked her, if she of the NOT A CARB-O-WHORE mode, had actually eaten some of the tortellini.

She must have asked me about 3 or 4 times what I was saying, as she couldn't understand what I meant, as I'm thinking wtf? I finally said, well, that's what you've been calling me, a Carb-o-Whore, how come you don't understand it? She said, that's because I've been calling you a Carb-o-Voor, not a Carb-o-Whore.

We shared a good laugh about this, and somehow, I think it will not be forgotten soon, and will become part of the vocabulary. Doesn't it describe a carboholic perfectly?

By the way, the biscotti, and the capuccino brownies are fantastic. The biscotti with the black pepper, are a real surprise at first, but by the second bite, I realize how addictive they are. Yummy! Thanks to Jin for baking them, and Jewels & Chris for sharing them with me.

4 comments:

jin said...

Cool!
I was going to tell jewels to make SURE you got a taste of the cappuccino brownies AND the Pepper Biscotti!!!

LOL @ carb-o-whore, so am I!

Unknown said...

*snicker* I'm STILL laughing!!!! LOL!!!'

Not Ashley said...

All I can say is delicious, delicious...had a few more samples at lunch today.

Yes, I know....it is very funny, and it will take a while to live this one down.

Not Ashley said...

Jin...I just noticed you have an interest in birds...you have to check out my Brother Chico post, if you haven't already, as you may not be aware that my brother is a bird. Be forewarned...get your earplugs ready.

Jewels has already been subjected to this. LOL