Thursday, February 22, 2007

BD/Kwaffee Talk

Got to escape a bit tonight, by going to Belly Dance class, and then to Starbucks, aka FiveBucks, for some kwaffee talk with J. I felt guilty going out, but knew I should to keep my sanity.

It has become a bit of a ritual-every two or three weeks, Starbucks it is, we usually sit at the same spot, order the same things--Grande low fat latte and Tazo Chai Soy. The staff even recognize J and ask about/purchase her jewellery. We talk about everything or nothing, and it's all good, as we've become old friends in such a short period of time!

Kwaffee Talk outings are combined with a side trip if time permits, be it the Dollarama (funny how I rarely escape the dollar store without spending $20 or more); the massage chairs at Home Outfitters; or tonight's side trip to Walmart.

I spied tassled ribbons, which I thought would make the perfect tribal belly dance belt. BD teacher agreed, so we both came home with some- mine in gold; Jewels' in black/grey and brown/beige.

Here's what mine will look like when complete, tacked onto to my $2.00 Fairweather belt:



Me likey!

P.S. I was forced to switch to New Blogger tonight.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Heeeeeeeeeeee! I love it!

Not Ashley said...

Hope to get mine done this weekend, too.

Unknown said...

Hah! It's DONE! ;)

Not Ashley said...

Thanks to you it is....as you heard it would have taken me anywhere from 5 hours to 1 year to complete....now you know why I never learned how to do stuff like that...why bother to try. LOL!

It was great to have you & Mimi visit me today.

jin said...

COOL belt!
Did jewels sew it up for you???
LOL!
I practically NEVER sew anything, even tho I can (fairly well I might add! ;-). My husband bitches to anyone who will listen that his jacket has one missing button (OMG big deal?!) because 'his wife' doesn't know how to sew.

Heeeheheheee...if he only knew.
*evil grin*

Not Ashley said...

Jin
Well, I did about 2 inches of it, and then my mom started to point out how slow I was, compared to Ms J, who had started about 10 minutes before me, and had about half of it done. Mom then proceeds to tell Jewels that it would probably take me anywhere from 5 1/2 hours to 1 year to complete, and perhaps it would be a good idea if I was relegated to cooking dinner whilst Jewels finished my belt. LOL!

My mom has never had any patience to teach me sewing/knitting type skills, as she would get frustrated with my lack of progress and/or mistakes, and pull the stuff away from me. Looks like nothing's changed, even though I'm an adult. LOL!

It kinda worked to my favour yesterday, as Jewels finished it for me. I hate to admit it, but it probably would've taken my 5 1/2 hours to finish ( and been crooked to boot) LMFAO!

So I understand clearly about you're not admitting you know how to sew.

Unknown said...

..."How's she doin' ma?".... "She's a-done-a!"

Now THAT was funny!

Not Ashley said...

That was pretty funny.