Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine Cards You Don't Want to Get

Got these cards emailed to me today, and thought that a few were pretty funny, so I'd share.

Has been a LONG valentine's day, what with digging out from snow, taking care of mom, who now has been diagnosed with gout, to top off the chronic pain of shingles. Life's not fair, and as she said, Why do I have to get this pain & misery when I get so old? It sucks that there's nothing I can do.

Due to the weather, my cousin wasn't able to come over to stay with my mother, so I had to miss work again. Murphy's Law since this is the worst possible time for me to miss, since I'm usually putting in over 80 hours a week to get the budgets done. The juggling is getting more & more difficult, and I feel like I'm walking around like a Zombie--and I look like one too. The gym, which usually helps me cope with stress, is also not possible these days.

Back to work tomorrow, for a full day's worth of meetings, and then I have only the weekend to meet the budget deadline..I better learn to juggle even faster--the hurrier I go, the behinder I get.

Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day, and didn't get any of these nasty cards.




4 comments:

jin said...

LMAO at those cards!!!
Heeeheeee! :-D

Aww....sorry about your Mom. Hang in there & try not to stress yourself too much...yeah, I know how that sounds (impossible?! lol!) but, you know what I mean!

One day at a time & if that doesn't work...I go one hour at a time to get through!
:-)

Not Ashley said...

Thanks Jin, I know you're going through the same thing with your Dad.

Unknown said...

What the hell?!?

I just wrote a long-assed message on here about how I'd like to join this pity party too, and how I'm sick and tired of the same old $#@^, and how I need a break too....

Bah...


Forget about it!

Not Ashley said...

Awww, sorry your message got lost--you can join the pity party, I'll let you.

Sorry about the "pity party" theme of the post...the next one will be humourous and/or sarcastic.

:( Have fun at class tonight..Shake Shake Shake