Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Real Deal or Real Steal

Have been attending the accupuncturist/natural medicinist to treat my mom's shingle pain, and had her third visit tonight. So far, it does seem to helping a bit.

Tonight, however, the attention focused on me, with said acc/nm, asking me if I had had a tough day at work, and that I looked VERY tired. This proceeds to being asked to stick out my tongue, and her gasping that I have other problems, serious problems, as she takes me over to the tongue wall chart, and points to a particularly nasty picture of a coated tongue with swirls in it---VERY BAD!

Well, I explain, I did just get over the stomach flu a few days ago. Oh No, your tongue is not displaying a few days worth of problems, but problems you've had for a long time. You need to get your body back in balance or you are in for big trouble.

I have my first appointment with her next Monday night, at $40 a visit. In the fog of big trouble, serious problem, I recall hearing 10 visits. Cha ching $400.

One's health really is priceless, but I sit here wondering, do I really have big problems, or is this a marketing technique?

6 comments:

jin said...

Well....depends on the practitioner. I am very very lucky to have a brilliant & honest Naturopath right now. She doesn't even charge for her services, I only pay for the herbs/remedies that I buy from her.

However, I do know there are frauds out there & I have been to 1 *complete fake* myself.

Some do read symptoms from the tongue & others read the eyes, the face or your nails. There's a whole LOT of info you can gather about the entire body just from a glance at each eye...it amazes me! LOL!

If I wasn't a pastry chef, I'd be a doctor of naturopathy...no questions asked! I study constantly! So, if you have any questions or just want to try & confirm something, go ahead and ask, I'll try to be of help!

Good luck!

Not Ashley said...

Thanks Jin, I'll let you know what she says/does on Monday, so you can let me know your opinion. Maybe even tomorrow, as my mom has her appointment, and I'm sure she'll talk to me as well.

All I know is that I've been feeling worse, ever since she told me I have serious problems--it's like she's planted this little negative seed in my brain, and that's making me feel so lethargic and tired. LOL!

jin said...

So, I SWEAR your template keeps changing.....

.....or else I am TOTALLY losing it!!!

:-S

Not Ashley said...

Thanks...I thought I was Losing It.

I Changed the template a few times last night, before I got tired and went to bed, and when I logged in this morning, I didn't think this looked like it was the final one...

Didn't think there was an unstable template option, but guess I found it by mistake.

Unknown said...

LoL! U 2 R 2 funny! ;)

Is it sync'd yet? said...

I have a tattoo of a naked midget wrestler on my tongue. I wonder what that means.


Gnat.
.