Sunday, March 25, 2007

Gumby



At the risk of revealing too much information, yes I did watch Gumby and Pokey as a child. It's odd, that over the past three days, I've seen and/or heard about Gumby three times, once a day since Friday, after many, many years of Gumby oblivion--how weird is that?

It all started Friday, when an MSN contact had a picture of Gumby & Pokey. Saturday, Ms J & I are stopped at lights behind a car, that has a Gumby sticker on the rear window. Tonight, my mom out of the blue, mentions Gumby. Again, how weird is that.

I loved/love Gumby and Pokey, but in all this Gumby-ness, couldn't remember the Gumby theme song, other than the first few words, about a little green slab of clay--Ok did I mention I was a very small child at the time, and may have caught it in syndication????

Anyways, I was compelled to find the Gumby theme song, so I can watch it to my little heart's content, and share it with any other Gumby fans out there. (if you're old enough to remember Gumby)

As I'm typing this, I remember another claymation cartoon from my childhood---anyone remember Davey & Goliath?

Anyone remember Gumby and Pokey? Can anyone explain why Gumby is following me around?

9 comments:

Unknown said...

How friggin' weird is THAT? I think that the power of three is telling you to "go back to your childhood", as in you need to embrace that inner child of yours, who's obviously needing to get out and have some fun. How's that for an interpretation? ;)

So let's go have some fun! U'n me, let's get together and watch some syndicated Gumby episodes, and skip the tear-jerking chick flicks. LoL!

Not Ashley said...

K...sounds like a plan...I'll bring the popcorn.

jin said...

Ok...to me seeing them in real life is kind of the same as if you dreamt about them. So here is a dream interpretation on general cartoon characters:

Cartoon Character

To see others as cartoon characters in your dream, indicates that you are not taking them seriously and often shrug them off. You tend to overlook their opinions and feel that what they have to say is unimportant. Alternatively, it may be easier, less tense, and a non-confrontational way for you to deal with others when you view them as a cartoon.

To see a specific cartoon character in your dream, consider the qualities and traits you associate with that particular character and how those traits come into play in some aspect of your waking life or situation. For example, to see Bugs Bunny in your dream may suggest your slyness and sneakiness. To see the Roadrunner may refer to something you are running from and not confronting.


Hmmm...could be a sign that you need to assume some of gumby's qualities? Do you need to be more flexible? Are you being 'molded' into something you aren't by someone else? etc
Try to think along those lines...it might sound weird at first, but he's probably trying to tell you something!
:-)

Not Ashley said...

Hmmm.. yes & yes! Or maybe I'm feeling like a little green slab of clay. :)

Thanks for the interpretation. It must mean something as it was repeated over a short span of time, seemingly out of the blue.

Hope you're doing OK, and your dad's OK.

Dan said...

First, thanks for visiting my blog last week! That was sweet of you!

Oh yes, I remember Gumby & Pokiey and also Davey & Goliath. But ever since seeing Eddie Murphy play Gumby on Saturday Night Live, I can't take them seriously! :)

Not Ashley said...

Dan,

I've enjoyed reading your blog for a while now, but finally left a comment last week.

Given the amount of visitors to your site, I thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.

I forgot all about Eddie Murphy as Gumby...maybe it's spoof Gumby, instead of real Gumby that's been following me around. :)

Nabeel said...

yes, yes i used to watch Gumby and Friends too .. and poky the horse was my favorite character :)

jin said...

Hello M!!!!!!!!!
I know you are a busy lady, but if you have some time to waste I tagged you!
:-D

Not Ashley said...

OH NO! I have to actually reveal something about myself??? Arggghhh!

I am a Scorpio, dontcha know, and self-revelations are not my strong point, and that is putting it mildly, as Ms J can attest.

But...just for you, I'll do it.

Fri Apr 06, 12:37:00 PM