Saturday, October 17, 2020

Achilles journey Oct 17th

 So the boot has been on non stop since Tuesday.  Have been doing protected weight bearing with a walker

I had been viewing YouTube videos along with the protocol sheet that the Orthopedic had given me and all seemed to indicate you need to get out of boot a few times a day and do range of motion exercises.   The assistant however, who was very rushed and stressed the day I went, and jammed by foot in so hard I screamed in excruciating pain, told me to pretty much leave boot on at all times otherwise I would have the same pain every time.  He also said you’re NWB but I said no, the dr said Partial weight bearing.

I tried calling Friday ok but they were closed for the weekend, so I could ask about ROM EXERCISES. Was planning on trying again Monday.

today, Saturday, we were driven by our caregiver to go get our flu shots in our gp’s parking lot.  When he came to me, he asked how I was doing, looked at the boot and said..you do know you cant keep that on at all times, take it off during the day periodically and do some rom exercises or your foot will seize up.

Came home and took off boot and did a few rom exercises ...put boot back on no issues, maybe tightened it a bit too much .

How frightening when you are provided with Mis information.  Ortho seems ok..a bit rushed, but his helper shouldn’t be there

Will try to ramp up rom daily exercises

No comments: