Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Hi Ho Hi Ho It's Back to Work I Go

So after two weeks vacation, I returned to work, and found I was not 2 weeks behind but felt like about 20 weeks behind. Somehow the little worker elves that should do my work when I'm not there, have never showed up. Needless to say, it's not been fun, and has totally stressed me out, in a mere two days. But I must admit that I haven't really been myself for the past few months, and it doesn't take much to stress me out these days.

To top it all off, my friend from high school, Joanne, who lives in B.C. is in town for a visit, and has decided that she wants to have a get together for a bunch of us on Friday night at her mom's place. She had tried to pawn the arranging off on me, when she was still at home, but I wouldn't do it. I haven't really kept in touch with most of them, and I couldn't really be bothered nor have the time to take this cause up.

So today, Joanne shows up at my mom's place at lunch, saying she'd been "all over town" looking for me, and was annoyed that I wasn't at work, since she'd stopped by there to discuss the plans and start making phone calls (and had come over last night, when I was at Sahla Thai) .

Joanne tells me she's coming over tonight so we (I) can make the phone calls, and I should spend the afternoon trying to get phone numbers--for women whose married names I know not--yeah right!

She comes over at 7:00 with her daughter, and I've got the Cable Guy here trying to hook up the internet, and wanting to take the easy way out by suggesting he drill an outside wall, and wrap the cable around the entire side, back and other side of the house to hook it up. I said, why can't you got through the linen closet, cold air return, etc and hook it up through there. Well, he wasn't pleased as this took him over an hour to do, eventually through the cold air return. But as you can see, he managed to get it done, and I'm on the computer at 12:30 am doing this.

We found about 4 names, and got ahold of them, with my unlisted number being passed around a little too much for my liking. Joanne invites one of the women to come over, which she does after about an hour, and they hang around until after 11:00--but we did laugh stupidly during their visit.

My choice for the evening would have been to BE ALONE and BE A COUCH POTATO or if I wanted to be sociable, go to my mom's to visit with the neighbours relatives from France, who I haven't seen yet, and were there having pizza and wings.

While this sounds like I'd like to add to my list, I really don't, because I know it was my mood, and not her. But really, I can't be in all places at all times, and I can't be all things to all people!!!!!!

Enough said, and while it was good to vent, the next blog must be positive! Not sure when, but it will be positive LOLOL!

Cranky Wanky

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I can relate!
It sucks, you WANT to do this business with your friends, you WANT to visit mom and neighbours, you WANT to be home alone with your remote, you WANT to just not HAVE to do... Man, that sucks.

Well, hopefully, you'll fel better by tonight. I've been rather productive today, for a change... ;)

Hope to chat later!

Unknown said...

Hey M. sorry about the delay last night. While I was talking with my dad, Chris started a video convo with me, so I was 'in demand' shall we say...
Anyway, dad got a bit of bad news at the Dr's yesterday, so we were talking about that for a while. I'm worried though...
K. sorry again. chat later!

Miss you!