Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Serenity, Peace and Love

After two negative blogs, I have emerged from the fog, to write a positive one. Yes I had a couple of bad days, brought on by going back to work. Thanks for reading my rants and complaining. Fortunately, the weekend is now in sight, and I'll settle back into the work groove, or is it rut, by the end of the week ---just like the Borg-they assimilate you, and resistance is futile!

A few interesting things will occur this weekend, some even of an Ashley nature:

Friday night - High School Re-Union
  • bring dessert, not sure what yet
  • wear something that makes me look pretty good.
  • Give thanks that I've gone to the gym, and my body's not half bad. (Thanks for your help, my personal trainer J)
  • Think of all the stupid stuff we did in high school, so we can laugh about it.

Saturday - Let's go to the Ex.
  • Wake up early to catch 9:00 Go Train
  • Spend most of the day in the International Building, looking at things from around the world.
  • Hope to find Belly Dance Scarves for me and my friends
  • Hope they give volume discounts!

Sunday - Let's go to the Hop

  • Wop Hop (aka Feast of the Assumption Italian festival)
  • Annual tradition which just can't be missed, even Mangia Cakes check it out.

At some point, go with godson's girlfriend to check out Wedding Dresses, which she sweetly asked me to do.

Full report on all activities to be provided following end of said activities.

NOT Cranky Wanky!

P.S. Note to J-- I didn't mean my I noticed and didn't want to encourage you comment in a negative way--some things don't just translate well in print. Your long pause spoke volumes, and I hope you understand where I was coming from--A place of Friendship and Concern. I will try not to do that via e-mail again! Sorry






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, serenity looks good on you ;)

I'm sure the reunion will be a blast, the one dessert I always bring, and is ALWAYS a hit, is my very special Gooey Squares. They're like Rice Crispy squares, but I make them with Muslix instead. One bag of marshmallows, one box of Muslix (I'm partial to the maple/almond/raisin/cranberry one), and 2 HEAPING tablespoons of butter. Ta-daaa!!!!! instant yummys!!!! LOL!

Oh, I so hope you do get volume discounts, the trick is to ASK, you don't get if you don't ask!!!!

I wish I could go to the Wop Hop with you, but at least I'll be here surrounded by 'my' people too ;P

I think it's sweet that she asked you to come with. That just shows how much you matter to them. I think...

And hey, I've been doing this email/msning business for a while now, and I've got a good knack for 'reading between the lines' and you know what? I knew EXACTLY where you were comming from, so NO WORRIES! Honestly. I hear what you're saying M, and I know you're saying it 'cause you care. I really do. So don't worry about it! (said in my best NewYorkese/Italian mobster accent!!!) LMAOOOOOO!!!!!!
I'm just lucky to have a friend like you who care so much about me, I'm just saying...

Not Ashley said...

They sound yummy, but I would have to try them first. HINT HINT!
Actually, in my serenity now mode, I'm taking the easy way out, and buying something already made.


Am looking foward to the weekend, and I will report on the ongoings.

I'm glad you understood where I was coming from, and didn't take offence. I will warn you that I sometimes am not the most diplomatic in conveying messages
(Perhaps, you've already noticed?) LOL!

Have a great time with your "people"!