Monday, September 04, 2006

Gifts

My friend J went on vacation for about three years, oops I mean weeks. She came home last Friday the 25th, at which point my mom got sick, and while we'd spoken regularly on the phone, we hadn't been able to go out for kwaffee tawk, and/or see each other live & in person. Finally today, we were able to get out for a bit and visit the local Starbuck's, for latte's and a delish pumpkin cream muffin, which we split--knowing that gym classes start next week.

From her travel's, J brought me back the following beautiful items, which the pictures do not do justice to, and which she really didn't have to do:

Oriental Tea Mug

Added secret bonus--it WAS filled with my favourite dark chocolate!

Silver "Unbreakable/Unbroken" Heart

This heart is lovely just to hold, and is especially so, since it makes a beautiful melodious sound when you move it, which I very quickly discovered, and couldn't stop doing, sometimes ignoring J, as I zoned out listening to it. It will come in handy to zone out the negativity at work.

What's truly priceless about it, is that it was given as one of just a few, to J's special friends.

Thank you for the gifts, the best of which is your friendship, and for thinking of me and considering me a special friend! I treasure your friendship as well, and wish you all the best in life.

From: An Unusally Open Not Ashley



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww, Not Ashley, you're gonna make me tear up!!!!!
I'm so happy you liked them all, and not just the CHOCOLATES!! I can't believe YOU ATE THEM ALLL??? LMAO!!!!!!
Well, in your defense, Mama was sick, and you've had a pretty rough past 10 days! Poor Mama. Poor N.A.!
Here's to hoping that everyone gets well soon.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! ;)

J..... Zoning out................. LOL!

Unknown said...

Hey, you forgot to mention that 'tear-apart', super greazy garlic-cheese bread that we had from Harvest Barn!... Man, I had to brush twice after THAT!!!! LOLOLOLOL!!!!!

Not Ashley said...

Ding Ding Ding...Serenity NOW! LOL

Yes, you're so right--that break apart bread was good, but it was so greasy I don't think I'll buy it again. The quiche on the other hand was excellent.