Sunday, September 10, 2006

Mouse Tales


Mouse 1
Not Ashley 0












Critters creep me out.

The other night, I go into my mother's garage to take out the garbage. I pick this empty water bottle carton, with the plastic wrap still over it, and out jumps this mouse. Reaction was as you can imagine, quite vocal.

While one mouse, cute at that, is not the end of the world, they usually are not alone, or not alone for long. Action must be taken, even being a little squeamish and not really wanting to hurt the little thing.

I head over to local dollar store, and pick up a pack of 3 traps for $1.00--perhaps mistake number one. Proceed to fridge to get some parmesan cheese to bait the traps, yesterday around noon--perhaps mistake number two, as it's very crumbly.
Carefully set the traps up, and check about three times yesterday--no activity.

This morning, I head over there, and first thing I do is check the traps. Guess what, the cheese is gone and traps didn't activate.

Decide cheese was part of the problem and decide to try soft havarti instead.
First two traps set no problem, third trap snaps down on the index finger of my left hand. It is now a lovely shade of purple. Irony of this is not lost on me--mouse not only escapes unharmed, but also steals the cheese. I, on the other hand, or finger, get hurt by same trap.

After lunch, am cleaning up, and slice the index finger of my right hand on a very sharp knife--it is now sporting a band aid, and is a nice companion to the bruise on the left hand.


Mouse 1; Not Ashley 0

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ROTLFMFAOOOOO!!! *Roaring*!!!!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Oooh, I needed to read a funny like that.
I'm sorry about your fingers, will you be able to make it to class tomorrow? ;D

Not Ashley said...

Go ahead--laugh at my pain. LOL!

Little mousy was caught, and made me a little sad, cause he was kinda cute.

See you tonight.