Sunday, October 22, 2006

Aspiration of Becoming a Bag Lady

In my humble opinion, one can never have enough purses, or shoes or coats or jewellery. In that vein, got an invite to a Purse & Jewellery party, and attended this afternoon. House parties can sometimes be a duty or payback attend, but this one was genuinely one that I looked forward to going to. Firstly, since you can never have enough purses, secondly, because it was break from my everyday of Nurse Betty duties, work, and my other two allowable excursions of late--the gym and grocery shopping.

I invited another friend who also needed to get out, and gave her the heads up on how to shop for a purse at these parties. If you see something you like, grab it off the table, as what you see is what you get, and you can't place orders. Well we did pretty good, as we were walking around with about 3 or 4 bags in hand each, to ensure someone else didn't get our bags until we had firmly decided we didn't want them. I came away with a lovely Gucci style large Brown bag, with silver details. Jewels came away with 2 bags that she really LOVES, one large and one small.

I was thinking afterwards, what a great idea...to buy these knock off bags wholesale, and sell at these home parties, perhaps combined with other products, such as jewellery, shoes, hats, etc.

A good time was had by all, I think anyways...good snacks, good coffee, which I had way too much of, and a few laughs. It was so good to get out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

And F-F-F-Fran was only two hours late! ;)

Not Ashley said...

Yes but like Tina said, at least she showed up. LOL

Hey how come your computer location shows as Cambridge, Nova Scotia?

Unknown said...

It does? Really?
I never knew that... How did you find that out?

Not Ashley said...

Check out your own Site Meter from your blogspot accounts. You'll see Cambridge, Nova Scotia there, for you.