Monday, October 02, 2006

It's Better to Look Good Than Feel Good

Or so says the old saying, but it's so much easier to just be, methinks

Case in point: Not Ashley's goddaughter has recently decided that my hair could do with a good straightening, since it was looking like an "Afro". Guess what, she was right, and I have now been sporting a pretty smooth (for me) hair do.

It is quite a change, to the point that some people don't recognize me at first, and I must admit that I've grown to like it over the past few weeks. I've been receiving lots of positive comments, so the Afro must go, at least for a while, anyways.

But damn, the Afro is so must easier--wash and wear, air dry, finger combing. Now, I must practice, as I can only get it to about 60% straight, as opposed to hairstylist Steph's 100%. She does it to 100%, and it turns to 90% by morning (which I prefer).

Sounds like a lot of work to me, as I've never been one to fuss with hair. Too much work and all thumbs!

New Mantras: It's better to look good than feel good! or ( It Ain't Easy Looking This Good).

LOL!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Welcome to the "Afro Free" world lady! ;)

Not Ashley said...

Thanks! I know you're one of the few who can relate to the Afro/No Afro world.