Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Break Time

All in all, it was a pretty bad Thanksgiving. Wasn't able to attend the usual family dinners with the usual suspects, had to stay home and continue nurse maid duties.

It was compounded by my brain being taken over by Ashley, whispering in my ear what a great idea it would be to cook the turkey breast roll in a slow cooker. BAD IDEA! Absolutely disgusting, if I do say so myself. Probably the worst thing I've ever cooked. The home made stuffing was fabulous, so ate a lot of that plus a lot of mashed potatoes with gravy...carb junkie's dream meal. Way to go Ashley. I've decided Take Two is in order, so will attempt to find and cook a bird next weekend.

Decided that a much needed break, away from work, and away from nursing duties was in order, to boost my coping skills. Oh, and by the way, I do have a tough time accepting help, but it doesn't mean the offers aren't acknowledged or appreciated.

Today, took the day of work, did much needed stuff in the morning, like laundry and vacuuming, banking, and getting some of my stress out smashing olives with a rock.

Afternoon was spent at Green Bean, having lattes and oxygen and creme brulee and some carrot ginger soup, that took a few spoonfuls to grow on you. Thanks for hanging out with me Jewels, I so needed the break and the company.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The pleasure was mine! I too needed that brief time away from it all...

Now, I'm starting to nurse a cold.... Yup! When it rains, it POURS!