Sunday, October 29, 2006

Early Birthday Gifts

Got my Sunday morning Are you coming to class today and did you want to go out for kwaffee later? phone call. Little did I know there was more to this call than usual.

Being that the time had changed, and I had an extra hour to spare, I got to the gym early and was able to manage 27 minutes on the elliptical, which I hadn't done in over 2 months. Additional motivation was brought on by a step on the scale this morning, which showed I gained about 3 pounds...guess the bread, cakes and sugar is finally catching up, so I better start Mooving My AAss.

Went in to class to get ready, and Jewels came over to show Barb and me her latest creations. Out comes this delightful little turquoise silk bag, from which emerged the most beautiful silver earrings with pearls, swarovski crystals and hearts. The gorgeous matching necklace, also made of crystals, pearls, has a silver heart clasp. It was so beautiful--simple and elegant. As we sat there oohing and ahhing, Jewels whispered to me that it was my birthday present--a week early since she thought I needed a little pick me up, and that she'd been sad that I've been so sad.

I was so touched and am so touched, as I know how much thought and love went into this beautiful set, and the timing of it. Little Ms. Hawkeye actually missed that I had a few tears in my eyes at the start of the class. (And yes I am a little more visibily emotional than usual.)

Later in the afternoon, we went to Fairview Mall to go to Future Shop and Chapters, with a few stops along the way....finally got my digital camera, which is now charging, and I can't wait to play with it.

Snacks for the mall trip included: french fries, lattes, and pumpkin muffin/cake. Since all carried the recommendation of my fitness instructor, I'm sure they were all low cal and healthy. It was fun to get out!

Thank you so much for the beautiful birthday gift==I just LOVE my pearls and crystals and silver hearts-- and it's even more special since it was designed just for me.

Julie you are a real jewel of a friend!

Love,
Me

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Teehee! ;)I'm a sneaky little faerie, aren't I?

Not Ashley said...

Yes you are! LOL!

I still LOVE my gift, which I am wearing.