Saturday, November 11, 2006

Attention Christmas Shoppers

It's official, Christmas shopping season has begun.

I promised to take female godchild shopping today, alone just her and I, per her request-- not even her mother was allowed to walk around with us, for 3/4 of the mall visit. I think she needed one of those "it's all about me, attention days." So all cell phone calls had to be kept to a minimum...sorry.

The mall was insanely busy, and Sears even more so. I was looking at a brown suede jacket at Sears, and had my hand on it, when a lady comes up and grabs it off the rack. Since I really didn't want the jacket, and was merely looking at, I made no issue, except to loudly tell Steph what had happened, within earshot of said lady. Welcome to Christmas shopping.

Got another of my Christmas presents bought today, a "replacement" ring for the one my mom lost. It's a mini eternity ring....mini because the diamonds don't go all the way around. It's really lovely, I think, and I hope she likes it.

I had found one that looked something similar to the band that she lost, but thought that since the original is truly irreplaceable, I should get one that's different, as opposed to trying to replicate the lost one. I hope I made the right decision.

I remember I had once "lost" an emerald ring, and looked for ever trying to find it and buy another, until a lady at a jewellery store gave me some good advice...don't try to find one like the one you've lost, as it's almost impossible to find an exact match, and every time you look at it, you'll think of the one you lost, so you should get something different. It was great advice, especially since I found my emerald ring 5 years later. I hide things so well sometimes, that I forget myself where I've put them.

So hopefully she'll like her new ring, and maybe the old one will turn up at some point.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Gotcha on the phone calls. It's all good lady. At least we got to spend some time together today. Wasn't it fun???? ;)

Actually, I did have a good time.
Um, yeah, about that bitch with the coat. I SOOOOOOOOOOOO would have just hung on to it! ;)I'd have walked off, and probably just put it on another rack, just out of spite. Can you tell I'm in a mood? LOL!

Not Ashley said...

Yes..it was fun, and they were all so well behaved, and all had a good time.

Jaimee was so polite & sweet, when opening her gifts and thanking everyone.

I better not say she's so cute, or you'll continue to laugh at me.

Unknown said...

Check it out M. I've put some piccies up now. ;) Party ones are for tomorrow though