Monday, November 06, 2006

Barfday Pics

Today was my birthday, aka barf day. It started off with the breakfast of champions-- a piece of my birthday cake, which was a Zuppa Inglese--vermouth soaked lady fingers layers covered in an italian lemon custard cream.

Went to work, and got a few calls there, and more at home, of friends & family wishing me a hb. Got quite a few nice presents:

  1. A gorgeous pearl and crystal silver necklace and earring set.
  2. A camera
  3. A beautiful amber pendant and chain.
  4. A lovely gold & diamond circle pendant & chain.
  5. A gorgeous purse named percy faith and a wallet named wally wallenza. Hadn't thought of these names since high school. This is not funny to anyone but me, like many of my stories --it's one of those you had to have been there!
  6. A delicious liqueur: Godiva White Chocolate Cream, which we tasted and it's yummy.

You can never have enough jewellery, wallets or bags.

This evening had a few of my favourite visitors over to help celebrate, and we had a few laughs, and a few drinks and a few snacks. Turning 38 isn't so bad after all. lol! Seriously, I'd been feeling a bit down and wasn't really in a celebratory mood, but it was an unexpectedly nice bd.


Stupid blogger wouldn't line up the pictures and it stopped working after this....will load a few more pics tomorrow.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey lady! I'm glad you had a good time on your Barf Day! LOL! Seriously, at first, I was a bit shy, I felt like Barbie and I'd crashed your party, but you all made us feel instantly welcome. It was nice to be included in your celebration (glad we didn't bring you little 'Friend' tho, LOL!)

Can't have too many purses,wallets, jewellery OR booze!!! Lemon Zingers RULE! LMAO!!!!
Oh, and LOVE the leaper in the kitchen! ;)

Not Ashley said...

Thanks for coming...it meant a lot! Don't be silly about crashing the party...you WERE invited, and besides you don't need an invitation anyways.

It was great that so many came, rather unexpectedly, or I would have had more food.

Oh and about the leaper in the kitchen, you got off easy, as she is definately a 'Look what I can do" kind of person, and I'm surprised she didn't show you every yoga and bellydance move that she can do, like I've had to ENDURE, MORE THAN ONCE! Insert groan & rolling of the eyes here!

Unknown said...

LMFAO!!